Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Help Me Improve My Editing

Alright you guys. Here's the thing. Lightroom is by far the most amazing program I have ever used for editing photos. I mean, I can change it extremely or just a lil' bit and it always turns out nicely. You can do SOOO many things with it. For example....

This First picture of the boys, I upped the temperature to +8. It gives it a warmer look to it. that is all I did. 

This second picture of boys I upped the temperature to +22, and added the black vignette edge to it. It's a subtle edge.
 This one of mom and pops has a little bit more of a vignette black edge. and I messed with the coloring here too.
 This one of Sophie has pretty freakin' extreme vignette edge.  
 This family photo I added a slight vignette edge to it, but also straightened the ground. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or bad, because since they were standing on a hill...does it look weird to you having it straight?
 Here is one not edited at all, so that you can see how it looks originally.

My personal favorites are the vigenette edge, and the higher temperature. But that's just me. What do you guys like or don't like about these pics? Let me know. I'll post the real reveal of this photos as soon as I can. There are many more fun one and family group pics. Get excited!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I do like the warmer temperature, but the one where the ground was flattened looks off to me. My first reaction when seeing the picture - before I read what you wrote - was, "Boy, their legs are sure slanted. What angle did she shoot this picture?" So, I say leave it "as is". Just my 2 cents worth. Nice photos - excited to see the next ones. ;)

smart alec said...

your photography skills are pretty freaking awesome becca. i'm always impressed. i agree about the fixed slanted hill one, their legs look slanted. I like the vignette ones.